Saturday, December 13, 2014

Just Us Girls #271 & Addicted To CAS #54


This week at JUGS is Trend Week.  Maria chose Mixed Media.  Basically that means use 2 or more mediums on your card.  Really isn't complicated at all :).

In my case, I used a stencil, with the Bokeh technique and embossing.  I used Inspired By Stamping Holiday Sentiments and Background Basics III.  My dots are Hero Arts Box of Dots. I used the fun sketch from Freshly Made Sketches #166.

We hope you come on over and play along in the JUGS Challenge.  I for one can't wait to see what you create!

Going on to Addicted to CAS; Family



I'm thinking this works well - I love these stick kids and don't get me started with that adorable dog! :)  These stamps are so old, and I still love them. My sentiment is from STAMPlorations Subway Art; Mom.

What does family mean to you?  Whatever it is, come on over and play in Addicted to CAS Challenge.  Looking forward to your creation!


Thanks for stopping by~ If you have a question, please leave an email so I can answer you :)

20 comments:

sandie said...

I love that gingham bow and such a cute image-the balance of this card is perfect-the large bow and the small image just looks so very right!

Kylie said...

awwww, the stick people and dog are SOOOOOO cute!!! Love them! Merry Christmas, my friend xx

Sheila H said...

The background on your first card rocks. And I love the vellum. The stick figures on the family card are so cute - great bow, too :)

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Vicki- these are so cute,and the second card reminds me of my kids from years ago!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love love love the bokeh background!!! Wow!!!!!!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Awesome Bokeh Effect design on your card. I just love both of the cards you created though, but that is my favorite!

Sharyn Polesel said...

I love both cards! The yellows with the Bokeh Effect is stunning! I love the little stick figures on your second card. They remind me of some stickers I used to buy when I was scrapbooking.....very cute!

Jen Mitchell said...

Love, love, love the bokeh background! And vellum layers are always a huge favorite of mine! What a great card! So glad so see you at Freshly Made Sketches!

Unknown said...

The stick kids are adorable. I love how you place everything together and make it a unique card.

Ina G said...

Fabulous effect for your mixed media card.Those stick people are adorable.

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Vicki, your mixed media card is just awesome! I keep looking at it trying to figure out what you did. I NEED to try the bokeh technique- such a stunning effect!

Deepti said...

Fabulous cards :) I love the card for ATCAS, awesome coloring

~amy~ said...

super fun cards...love the use of non-traditional colors in the first one.

Loll said...

Two fabulous cards Vicki. LOVE the bokeh background for your JUGS card --- so pretty on the patterned paper. And LOVE the adorable image of the kids and dog ... so cute! Loll xx

Words and Pictures said...

Great cards - I particularly love the white bubbles over those sunshine stripes - fabulous! Thanks so much for your comment over at mine - much appreciated.
Alison x

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Your mixed media is awesome! Love the colors and textures. Those dots with the stripes is a great look and my favorite combination of patterns. Love the cute little stick people card, too.

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

What a brilliant take on the code word Vicki - this is definitely one happy family,and as cute as a button! Fabulous sentiment too!

Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog. Have a very happy Christmas - Hugs, Sylvia x

Hannelie said...

I LOVE this card... the stick figures are adorable!

Harriet Skelly said...

Vicki this is absolutely adorable! Sorry it took me so long to comment here...have a wonderful Christmas!

Jaydee said...

Vicki, this is gorgeous. The little touch of gingham ribbon is the perfect finishing touch.
Hugs
Jaydee